Effective Date: 08/05/2021
- Important Definitions.
- “Company” means medievaltorturemuseum.com, a wholly owned subsidiary of Benaur, LLC, a Florida Limited Liability Company.
- “Platform” means all medievaltorturemuseum.com websites, applications, mobile responsive sites or applications or other applications designed for use with various devices, software, processes and any other services provided by or throughmedievaltorturemuseum.com.
- “Minor” means any person(s) under the age of 18 years old.
- What Information We Collect. We collect and store various types of information about you when you create your account, buy tickets, contact us using email, chat or other means, visit the website, apps, or interact with our social media accounts. This information may include, but is not necessarily limited to:
- Contact information,
- Billing information,
- Street Address,
- Phone Number,
- Demographic information,
- Accessibility requirements,
- Information pertaining to health/safety purposes as required by relevant law, regulation, or at the specific request of the event/attraction organizer/owner,
- Information from your browser;
- IP Address,
- Time on the side,
- Who is Responsible for Your Information. Your information is stored on secured third party servers behind multiple layers of protection, including firewalls, and encryption. While we use third party providers to provide our Platform, medievaltorturemuseum.com is ultimately responsible for the security of your information. This is a responsibility we do not take lightly. For inquiries about this policy or the data collected and stored by our Company, please contact us using the information provided below.
Phone: (815) 317 – 0007
- How Your Information is Used. Below is a list of way we may use your information for any of the following reasons:
- Purposes for which you provided it;
- To enable you to use the services available through the Platform;
- For customer support and to respond to your inquiries;
- For internal record – keeping purposes;
- To administer surveys, promotions, etc.;
- To track fees and process billing/payment information including sharing with third – party payment gateways and payment services to providers in connection with our Platform;
- Improve and maintain our Platform and for product development;
- To address fraud or safety concerns, or to investigate complaints or suspected fraud or wrongdoing;
- To periodically send promotional emails regarding new product from the Company, special offers from the Company, or other information that may interest you;
- With your consent, to contact you by text message or email, regarding Platform features, improvements, or other products and services that may interest you;
- For the Company’s market research purposes, including but not limited to, the customization of our Platform according to your interests;
- To contact you about goods and services that may interest you or with information about your use of our Platform;
- For other research and analytical purposes; and
- To resolve disputes, to protect ourselves and other users of our Platform, and to enforce any legal terms that govern your use of our Platform.
If the information you provide us upon signing up for an account differs from the information you provide us as part of the verification data we collect, we have sole discretion in determining which information will be displayed publicly on your profile. We may combine information that we collect from you through our Platform with information that we obtain from affiliated and nonaffiliated third – parties, and information derived from any other products or services we provide. We may aggregate and/or de – identify information collected through our Platform. We may use de – identified or aggregated data for any purpose, including without limitation for research and marketing purposes and may also share such data with any third – parties, including without limitation, advertisers, promotional partners, sponsors, event promoters, and/or others.
We may, either directly or through third – parties we engage in to provide services to us, review, scan, or analyze your communications with other users exchanged via our Platform or as otherwise described in this Policy for fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, investigation, product development, research and customer support purposes. For example, as part of our fraud prevention efforts, we may scan and analyse messages to prevent fraud or improper actions. We may also scan, review or analyze messages for research and product development purposes, as well as to debug, improve and expand product offerings. By using medievaltorturemuseum.com or engaging in certain off – Platform communications tracked by our Company, you consent that medievaltorturemuseum.com, in its sole discretion, may either directly or through third – parties we engage to provide services to us, review, scan, analyze, and store your communications, whether done manually or through automated means.
- Additional Uses & Disclosures. Unless otherwise described in this Policy, we may also share the information that we collect from you through our Platform as follows:
- Affiliates. We may share your information with any of our Company affiliates.
- Consent. We may disclose your information to nonaffiliated third – parties unless you officially “opt out” of such disclosures. In order to “opt out” you must send your request via email to email@example.com with the subject line “Third – Party Disclosure Opt Out” and include any and all relevant identifiable information for your account. Absent your exercise of such an option to “opt out”, medievaltorturemuseum.com is permitted to disclose your information to nonaffiliated third parties as otherwise permitted/described herein, or within the Company’s terms and conditions, or other user level agreements. Should you wish to “opt out”, your usage of the Platform may be terminated if it is determined that the Company cannot otherwise provide you with the products and services it is traditionally offering.
- Service Providers. We may provide access to your information to select third – parties who perform services on our behalf. These third – parties provide a variety of services to us including but not limited to: billing, sales, marketing, advertising, market research, fulfillment, data storage, analysis and processing, identity verification, fraud and safety protection and legal services. As we retain new service providers, we generally seek contractual assurances from these service providers that they will not use your information in any manner other than to help us provide you with the services available from medievaltorturemuseum.com.
- Legal Requirements. We may disclose your information when required by law or when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to: (a) comply with subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process we receive; (b) establish or exercise our legal rights including enforcing and administering agreements with users; or (c) defend our Company against legal claims. If we are required by law to disclose your information, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify you unless (1) we believe in our sole discretion that providing notice could create a risk of injury or death, or that harm or fraud could be directed to our Company or users; or (2) we are precluded from providing notice by law. We will attempt to provide the notice by email if you have given us an email address. While you may challenge the disclosure request, please be advised we may still be legally required to turn over your information.
- Business Transfers. As we continue to develop our business, we may sell, buy, merge, or partner with other companies or businesses, or sell some or all of our assets. In such contemplated or actual transactions or where there is any change of control of our Company, user information may be among the shared and/or transferred assets.
- App Store Providers. We may provide your identity and mobile device identifier to third – party app store providers (for example, the Apple App Store) to allow you to download our mobile apps.
- Academics and Research. We may provide information about users to third parties for academic and research purposes, in anonymized or aggregated form.
- Child Supervision. medievaltorturemuseum.com IS NOT INTENDED FOR USE BY CHILDREN. However, as a website generally available on the internet, we recognize that children may inadvertently access medievaltorturemuseum.com. Protecting the privacy of children is a priority of ours. medievaltorturemuseum.com is not designed to attract individuals under the age of 18 years old. In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (16 CFR Part 312), we do not collect or store any personal information, in regards to children under the age of 13 years old. Any information from a minor under the age of 13, to which we discover having received it in violation of this policy will be deleted including any and all of that information/accounts associated with this minor. If you believe medievaltorturemuseum.com has any information from or about anyone under the age of 13, please contact us using the contact information below.
- Intellectual Property Rights. medievaltorturemuseum.com (including without limitation the Website design, text, graphics, codebase/source code, and other related underlying technologies) are protected by United States copyright, trademarks, patents and other intellectual property rights and laws.
medievaltorturemuseum.com does not claim ownership of any content or materials you upload or submit to any portion of the Platform. HOWEVER, by electing to do so, you are granting to our Company a worldwide, royalty free, non-exclusive license to copy, distribute, transmit, reproduce, publicly display, edit, translate or publish such content for as long as you elect to display such content on our Platform. The license will terminate upon your removal of the materials you’ve uploaded to the Platform. To the extent that materials were used by the Company PRIOR to your removal, the license shall remain in full force and effect until such time as the Company no longer utilizes the materials.
- Security. We employ physical, procedural, and technological security measures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access or disclosure. medievaltorturemuseum.com may use encryption, passwords, and physical security measures to help protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. No security measures, however, are 100% failsafe. Therefore, we do not promise or guarantee, and thus, you should not expect your personal information or communications will not be collected, disclosed and/or used by others. You should take steps to protect yourself against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a strong password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, keeping your log – in and password private, and not recycling passwords from other websites or accounts. medievaltorturemuseum.com is not responsible for the unauthorized use of your information nor for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords, or for any activity on your Account via unauthorized password activity.
- Notification Related to a Known Breach. While unlikely, in the event of a data breach, we will endeavor to notify you of the exposure of your personal information within a reasonable period of time (a) after having discovered, or being notified of the breach, and (b) after we have stabilized medievaltorturemuseum.com from additional breaches. Once medievaltorturemuseum.com has been re – secured and is no longer susceptible to further data breaches, you will be notified using the information you have provided to us in compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Exercising Your Rights with Respect to Personal Data. As a user of medievaltorturemuseum.com you may exercise the rights explained below. Please note, we may attempt to verify your identity through the email address or telephone number associated with your use of medievaltorturemuseum.com prior to fulfilling any such request and reserve the right to deny a request where we are unable to satisfactorily complete this process. If you authorize someone to make a request on your behalf, we may also deny your request if we are unable to verify with you that the individual making the request is authorized to act on your behalf.
Below please find a list of rights you may exercise.
- Right to rectify your personal data;
- Right to object to or restrict the processing of your personal data;
- Opting out of marketing messages and withdrawing consent;
- Rights of access to and portability of your personal data;
- Right to delete your personal data; and
Such rights of rectification, objection, restriction, access, portability and deletion (as listed above) are subject to certain limitations, as provided for by applicable laws. Individual requests will be completed within the time allotted by relevant regulations, which starts to run from the point of our Company confirming your request. Where permitted, please note there may be a charge for subsequent requests from the same individual, which will be determined by our Company and only imposed to the extent permitted by applicable laws.
This section only applies to personal data stored by medievaltorturemuseum.com as more fully described above, and to certain personal data stored by third – party service providers under the direct control of the Company. HOWEVER, medievaltorturemuseum.com cannot be held responsible for the complete and total removal of your personal data from third party providers to the extent they are already in possession of such data. Upon written request, medievaltorturemuseum.com will share with you information pertaining to third – party service providers whom you may contact regarding exercise of your rights to your personal data.
Where the installation of cookies is based on consent, such consent can be freely withdrawn at any time following the instructions provided in this document.
We do not respond to the browser “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) signal if enabled by the user in their web browser. We may set our read cookies on non – affiliated sites that have integrated our project searches and display features that we do, for example, to provide a personalized project search experience to users on those sites.
- California Privacy Rights. Under the California Online Privacy Protection Act (“CalOPPA”), we are required to inform such individuals of the personal information we may collect. CalOPPA is defined as the collection of personal information through the internet regarding an individual who is living in California. Some of the personal information we ask our users to give us, which would fall under the CalOPPA would be email address, telephone number and birthdate. To view a complete list of the types of information we collect, please refer back to “III. WHAT WE COLLECT” and “V. HOW YOU INFORMATION IS USED.”
For further information on CalOPPA please visit consumercal.org
- Nevada Privacy Rights. Under Nevada law, certain Nevada consumers may opt out of the sale of their personal information for monetary consideration to a person for that person to license or sell such information to additional persons. This personal information includes legal name, physical/mailing address, email address, phone number, Social Security Number, or an identifier that allows a specific person to be contacted either physically or online.
- Choice of Law. In the event of any legal proceeding arising out of these terms and conditions, the laws in and for the state of Florida shall govern.
- Questions. If you have any questions, comments or complaints regarding these terms or medievaltorturemuseum.com, please contact us at:
Attn: General Counsel
2740 US Highway 1 South
St. Augustine, FL 32086